Feb 4, 2012

Mary and Max: Questions

I love this movie. This scene is perfect to practice questions with basic learners.

1. Match the first part of the sentence with its complement.



1. My name is

2. I'm

3. My favorite color is

4. My favorite food is

5. I have

6. My mother likes

7. My father likes

8. I can't




( ) draw ears but I'm good at teeth.

( ) eight years old, three months and nine days.

( ) smoking, cricket and sherry.

( ) playing in his shed with dead animals.

( ) brown.

( ) a rooster called Ethel.

( ) Mary Daisy Dinkle.

( ) sweetened condensed milk and chocolate.


B. Watch the movie segment and check your answers.







C. Now write the questions to the answers above .

Ex:


1. What's your name?

2. .........................................

3. ........................................

4. .......................................

5. .......................................

6. ......................................

7. ......................................

8. .....................................


D. Now interview your friend, asking the questions in exercise C.


WORKSHEET


MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - MARY AND MAX



Answer key:

A.

1. My name is Mary Daisy Dinkle.

2. I am eight years old three months and nine days.

3. My favorite color is brown.

4. My favorite food is sweetened condensed milk and chocolate.

5. I have a rooster called Ethel.

6. My mother likes smoking, cricket and sherry.

7. My father likes playing in his shed with dead birds.

8. I can't draw ears but I am good at teeth.


B.

1. What's your name?

2. How old are you?

3. What's your favorite color?

4. What's your favorite food?

5. What's your pet's name? / What is your rooster's name?

6. What does your mother like?

7. What does your father like?

8. What can you do?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I can't seem to download the video...

Erin said...

Great lesson but I can't seem to download the video...

Claudio Azevedo said...

Try it now, Erin. I think it is fine now.